Friday, October 3, 2014

Flash Fiction Friday.... 10-3-14



The warmth of the morning’s sun blazed through the window; yet a chill ran through me.  “What have I done?” I leaned against the cold hard wall as the sheet fell to my waist.  Never make a pact with the devil; when he comes to collect, there is no bargaining, no escape clauses, and no last minute change of heart. Just the never-ending parade of regrets, I sold my soul for money and fame. Fame is fleeting, and money.... well, that’s of little consolation. Oh my god.... “God.... tell me are you there? Can you save me now, ......from myself?”

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this, but then, I missed a few weeks to finish two books. This is a fabulous piece of writing, Theresa. Very pure, real and passion filled, tho the resignation to her fate is palpable. WOnderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked this thank you.... I am gravitationg ot the flash fiction side at the moment my next book it a compilation of 100-200 500 word flash pieces that I have writte over the past year. hugs T

      Delete
  2. Excellently written teaser. Oh why did it have to end there? I was right into the story and long to find out more about her. When did she make the pact and why. This could go in many directions. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi I alwasy love to hear what you think of my offerings.... have a great day :) T

      Delete